|Materials used||approx. 3 ozs worsted weight orange, small amount of dark green worsted weight|
|Measurements||fits older child/teen/adult can make longer if needed|
|Notes||adult men with larger heads sometimes need an I hook and need it to be longer, women with lots of bushy hair need more rows added.|
- Round 1: Chain 5, sl st tog to form a ring.Round 2: Ch 3 (count as first dc now and throughout) and 13 dc in ring. Slip st tog.(14 dc)
- Round 3: Ch 3. Dc in same stitch as ch 3, then 2 dc in each st around. Sl st tog.
- Round 4: Ch 3, dc in the same stitch. *Dc in next st, 2 dc in next st. Repeat from * around, slip st tog .
- Round 5: Ch 3, dc in the same stitch. *Dc in next 2 stitches, then 2 dc in next st. Repeat from * around, slip st tog.
- Round 6: Ch 3, 2dc in same st, *skip 2 sts, work 3dc. Repeat from * around, sl st to ch3.
- Round 7: Ch 3, 2dc in same st, *skip to first dc of 3dc group from previous round and work 3dc. Repeat from * around, sl st to ch3.
- Round 8-13: Repeat Round 7.
- Round 14: Edging Sc in each st around.
Green Stem: Leave 4" tail, Ch 7, sl st tog, ch 2, hdc around the entire ring, 10 hdc around ring, sl st tog. (entire ring means around everything). Ch 35, in 1st st, sc twice, 3sc in each st down to beg, do not fasten off, sl st to left side. Ch 25, in 1st st sc twice, 3sc in each st down to beg. Sew to the top of the hat like the picture.
© October 13, 2012 Christina Budd
This is my written pattern; please use it for personal use only. You may make the item and sell them, but pattern remains property of Christina Budd. And if you sell the finished product, please link back to and give credit to this the original pattern.