My daughter and I had a craft party last year and when we did. We made these up. The pre-teens had a great time and were able to give them to moms, grandmas, teachers and others they loved. My daughter and I used our Cricut to precut the cupcake wrappers with the Cricut Cartridge Cupcake Wrappers. We had all the parts and everyone just put it together at the party. If you don't have a Cricut, there are lots of patterns on the Internet to be able to print and cut out.
- Cupcake wrappers
- pair of fuzzy socks (I was able to get them in sets at Ross Dress for Less stores)
- 1" red pom poms for the "cherry" on top
- small glue dots (not permanent) to set on sock to hold the red pom pom
- cellophane sacks (usually in the Wilton candy making section of the craft stores or Walmart)
- Curling ribbon
- Gift tags (homemade always better)
Hook your cupcake wrapper together, place a piece of tape to secure it. Roll up the socks sideways together, tucking the toe in. You can fluff the socks and curl it just right to fit it in your cupcake wrapper. Place the socks in the wrapper. Put the dot where you want the "cherry" to go and put the pom pom on the dot. Place the whole cupcake in cellphane sack and tie the curling ribbon around it. Curl the ribbon and attach your tag.